Thursday, September 15, 2011

Video Reviews: Las Vegas Restaurants with Vegan Options


I'm one of those people who loves Las Vegas, aside from the environmental disaster it is. Fortunately, the vegan options are growing - since my first time there in 2006, several great places have opened and others have expanded their menus to accommodate the plant-based diet. In 2007 and 2008 my vegetarian sister and I made a few videos documenting our dining experiences, which I've finally edited. I've changed a lot since then, in appearance and eating habits, but want to share with you some of the delicious food the city has to offer (vegan donuts anyone?)





These videos feature the following restaurants (not of which are on the strip - you'll need to drive or take a cab):
  • Long Life Vegetarian - yummy Asian food but Yelp says it closed, which doesn't surprise me...
  • Sunrise Coffee - organic, fair-trade coffee with soy and almond milk and vegan desserts
  • Red Velvet Cafe - delicious American food with amazing dessert
  • Komol Thai - fantastic Thai
  • Ronald's Donuts - the famous shop with incredible vegan donuts
Places I've Been To But Didn't Video Review:
  • Chipotle - right on the strip!
  • Go Raw Cafe - fantastic raw food (way of the strip)
Restaurants I Can't Wait to Try on My Next Trip:

4 comments:

Nazanin said...

My friend was kind enough to bring me back Ronald's donuts when she came back from Vegas. I don't even have a sweet tooth, but I was excited to try my first donuts since becomming vegan. The cream-filled chocolate was what I was most excited about too, but I found the simple glazed donut holes to be my favorite.

restaurant insurance said...

Thank you for sharing that video, it sure looks delicious.

William Wagner said...

One thing I love about Vegas is the food. The place has the best restaurants and it's a great experience to try them.
catering new york

http://www.angelfire.com/ct2/jnwebpage/ said...

Whitney- thank you for posting all these restaurant reviews! I'm a single dad and am taking my 23 y/o daughter to Vegas to visit but mostly to see the Grand Canyon, Zion, Bryce, and Joshua Tree park- and naturally we are concerned about finding vegan or vegetarian restaurants! I'll be busy checking all your reviews! Thank You so much, and by the way- you are gorgeous!!

Sincerely, Jody Noller Putnam, CT

Related Posts with Thumbnails''