Sunday, May 9, 2010

Ode to Joy: a Mother's Day post


I wouldn't be who I am today without the influence and support of my mother, Joy. She inspired me to follow my dreams since I was a little girl and has believed in me throughout all of my endeavors, constantly saying how proud she is of me. Her favorite line has always been, "you don't ask, you don't get" and I remember that whenever I need the courage to try something bold. With that encouragement, I became a filmmaker, moved to Los Angeles, found amazing opportunities, and started this site.

My love and respect for animals began on her farm in Massachusetts where she provides a beautiful life for horses, dogs, cats, chicken, and geese. At one point we had pet turkeys, and because of that the entire family stopped eating turkey. When I went vegetarian and later vegan, my mom fully accepted my decision and eventually stopped eating meat herself.  She too gets excited about natural cleaning products (especially Mrs. Meyers) and loves to buy me eco-friendly clothing.

My mother is a strong woman who stands up for herself and has always found a way to get what she wants out of life - she is an incredible role model and I am so grateful to be her daughter.

Happy Mother's Day Mom!

2 comments:

MBL Dressage said...

I second this, thank you and love you mom! Happy mothers day!

Anonymous said...

really love this post. So blessed by it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails''