Thursday, April 22, 2010

Earth Day Giveaway: NeatDesk - CLOSED

Thank you all for your amazing responses! I had a really hard time choosing, but I felt that one person really gave me some great reasons why she deserves it.


And the winner is... CarolEEna!


This is a pretty exciting giveaway for 2 reasons: 1. it's an expensive item ($399.95) and 2. I love this product.

NeatDesk is an incredible machine that allows you to scan in your receipts, documents, and business cards, and then organize them in your computer. It is perfect for accounting (especially during tax season), importing contact info, and storing files. All of this helps you be more eco-friendly because you can recycle your paper after scanning it, instead of storing it for years. It also prevents you from making copies or getting duplicates if you lose it. Please check out the video I made on NeatDesk below.

43 comments:

The Blissful Chef said...

Wow I would love to have this! After watching your video weeks ago I thought to myself, after looking over at my pile of receipts that haven't been entered into Quickbooks yet, this thing would be a entrepreneur's best friend! Since it's a one woman show over here I could really benefit from this and the Earth would benefit too!

I did all the stuff :)

TimeOutDad said...

Awesome video and review of the NeatDesk. Would love to have a desk as neat as yours! ;)
I've always found it hard to throw away any paper - receipts, papers, notices, etc. In fact, some of my receipts are so old, the ink has faded away!
This would definitely make for a neater classroom (I teach elementary school) and a neater home, and definitely a happier wife! My middle name is "C." Now, I realize what it stands for... CLUTTER. This would go a long way in deCluttering my life and recycling LOTS of paper.
Happy Earth Day!

Did all of the above.

I am a PC at work and a MAC at home! ;)

jerryjoanis said...

I would LOVE this… my 4yr old is learning about being green in school, we've been doing quite a bit more recycling, but the dead trees had overrun my office!! It would be nice to: Scan, Shred, Recycle… (sorry it's not more exciting than that).

Happy Earth Day!

OH…. and most importantly, I'm a MAC

twitter: jdjoanis

Jessica said...

Oh my goodness this would help me so much. I do the bills at the house and sometimes lose my receipts that I leave on the desk due to clutter or the kids throwing random stuff away! So instead of receipts accidentally getting thrown in the trash they can get recycled instead.

Jessica said...

Oh I forgot...I did all of the above, I actually opened up an account on Twitter just for you!
Sorry I am a PC :(

Junghwa said...

wow, awesome giveaway!

i need this because i need to keep my desk neat as i work at my desk! heehee. awesome giveaway!

Junghwa said...

i've subscribed to your blog :)

Junghwa said...

i follow your on twitter, youtube, and facebook!

amancay said...

I'm downsizing my life, and hoping to travel more... I'd like to leave my folks prepped with this set-up to be able to scan&shred my mail, in my absence... so I can keep abreast with business even from afar, without having to waste extra postage and mailing efforts!

amancay said...

oops... we're all mac-friendly *bonus points* ;)

Anonymous said...

Loved the video, Whitney! I am hoping to get more small business clients on board with your method if they don't have one that works for them.

Looking forward to your 2010 taxes!!

From your Mac/Windows tax accountant

Jess said...

This was my first year really doing my taxes on my own and i feel like if i had kept receipts i would have been more organized and i could have gotten more money back! keeping things digitally is the way to go and saves the trees!
also with a better refund i can afford more green items around my house which is ALWAYS exciting!
I liked both you guys on FB and i will suggest to my friends to become fans too!
i have a PC at home...again a nice refund could help towards that mac! ; )
jessi.coble@gmail.com

Brian said...

My friend owns one of these and has given very positive reviews. I work as a sales rep and constantly have to keep track of receipts for tax purposes and this would make things infinitely easier on me. Having things digitized would help the planet too and would help curb the clutter that seems to control my life.

I'm on a mac and all facebook pages have been liked and twitter accounts followed.

whit said...

I'm a Mac :) I would love to have the neat desk to keep my and my husbands office neater. We are both starting graduate school in the fall and would love to have a neater office to be able to focus in!

Oh, I did all the stuff!

whit said...

oh! my e-mail address is whitrae[at]gmail[dot]com

indiacarless said...

I would love to win this! I have boxes & bags of papers/receipts and can never find what I need :(
I already follow Ecovegangal & am a fan on Facebook. I now follow Neatco & am a fan on their Facebook page.
Unfortunately, at this time I have a pc - you can contact me on twitter @indiacarless Thanks! roxanne
I'll retweet this on Twitter!

nytwinbee said...

I am a school teacher and I could really use one of these scanners in my classroom. I have a neat receipts scanner, and as much as I love it. This would save me so much time, and one thing teachers don't have enough, is time.
How would I use it:
1- Scan something, display it with projector, and not make so many copies.
2- Scan notes to share with other teachers, post it on our school website, and not use so much paper
3-Scan student's work to analyze and share with others
4- Create special projects with students, and scan them to allow students to take ownership and pride of their work
5- Create a file cabinet of teaching ideas and tips for the following years.
6- Make my classroom more organized, and neater
7- Stop the dependence on Paper!!!

I would really, really love this scanner.

Anonymous said...

I am a paper packrat. This machine just might save me!

I would scan everything in, then shred and recycle. I make a lot of copies and it would be so handy to have this to cut down on my paper consumption.

How would that benefit the earth? It would take me another step closer to living a totally green life. I've been trying to implement "green" into every aspect of our lives, one step at a time and so far, our family has made some big changes with all the little things adding up.

Thank you for the chance to win!

God Bless and Happy Earth Day!
Together we CAN make a difference!

Hugs,
Jamie

jamiejaws AT gmail.com

Anonymous said...

PS:

I'm not on Twitter or Facebook :( Yes, I know, I'm probably the only person who is not...

I stumbled on your website while seeking out "green" ideas! And so glad I found it! :)

Hugs,
Jamie

jamiejaws AT gmail.com

Marie said...

Wow! It would be absolutely awesome to own one of these. I keep all receipts! I have so many plastic, yes I said plastic accordion files filled with receipts. I don't ever want to get rid of them "just in case". I also keep so many business cards that I have a business card holder in the house and my car. I feel like I am drowning in paper! I love the Feng Shui philosophy, but I feel that I can't ever accomplish my goals because of all of my paper clutter. The NeatDesk would help me simplify my life in so many ways. I really hope that I win this. I have a PC and my email address is Mariek1234@aol.com

Truly Scrumptious said...

Heh, if I sent you a picture of my desk and my overstuffed wallets - plural - I'd be an instant shoe-in. You'd get a very graphic (and I do mean that double entendre) picture of how a NeatDesk would help my life!

I have two small businesses (one wallet is dedicated to them, and the other is a personal wallet), and I do the book-keeping for both. Both businesses are heavy receipt-producers and contact-makers, plus I have a busy home life.
How it'd help the earth: Normally, I re-use every scrap of paper, except the stuff I have to use for accounting. Receipts turn into to-do lists, and business cards turn into shopping lists. Even larger sheets of paper are printed on both sides, before I give them to my son to make his myriad paper airplanes with! But since I have to save everything for bookkeeping, I can't re-use and recycle that paper, and it just goes in a box to collect dust. If I could scan everything, I can put all that paper to good use! Also, my business partners always leave a pile of pocket-shredded receipts. If I can get them to scan the receipts instead of carrying them around in their pockets for two weeks, my book-keeping life would be much easier.

I am a fan of both of you on FB, and Follow both on Twitter.
I use a Mac. Two of them, in fact.
doh at disdecarforpigspeace.com

Tracy Hep said...

Loved your video review and think this product is pretty awesome. I save a categorize most of my recipes manually and roll them up into little balls of paper at the end of tax season each year. As a small business owner this product would make me more organized and better able to keep track of my expenses (and help minimize clutter so I could recycle all those receipts).

Here is to hoping I win. Email me at Tracy.hep@gmail.com if I'm so lucky :)

P.S. I already followed Eco Vegan Call on FB and Twitter so I followed Neat Co and made a comment on their facebook page for the extra credit.

Happy Earth Day!

erika said...

This would totally help me because I am self-employed and I have to keep all of my receipts and keep good financial records but it's really difficult and confusing! It would benefit the earth because I could do more digitally and use less paper.

I have a Mac!

Unknown said...

I have always wanted a Neat Desk. I really feel that it would benefit my life both personally and professionally.

For the last 5 years I have gathered all of my receipts and inputted them manually into an Excel spreadsheet. This machine would in fact save me more time that I can best allocate towards being of service to the world.

I am the President and Executive Director of GreenMotion, a non-profit environmental organization. GreenMotion is committed to empowering communities’ world wide to become more sustainable through a number of initiatives. We are currently looking to get involved with a grass roots organization on the ground in Haiti to help with 2nd and 3rd phase developments around clean energy solutions.

The NeatDesk will not only help me organize important paperwork generated in running a non-profit, but reinforce practices that line-up with our green values.

Colleen at Forty Something Bride said...

Sadly, I own a PC.

How would this help me. Well, if you say my office right now, you wouldn't be asking the question. It is pile after pile after pile of unfiled documents - which became an issue for me today when we went to refinance our mortgage and I couldn't find key documents.

I could really use one of these systems to help me clean up this mess!

thanks!

Mommas in the House said...

My husband and I definitely need a new way of storing receipts that keeps everything intact and earth-friendly. If you look in our closets we have shoebox after shoebox which stores ten years worth of receipts for itemized deductions. It's probably time to graduate from my humble ghetto-
ness and get with the program.

My preschooler goes into my closet on daily basis and one day she opened up the boxes and saw that it was filled with, what she calls "papers" rather than shoes and she asked me if I collected "papers" or if I was trying to make shoes out of the "papers." I think with those questions and us teaching teacher my daughter about being eco-conscious, it's probably about time to set an example in our receipt department as well.

I did all of the above. I own a PC, but I am looking to slowly move towards a Mac.

CarolEEna said...

Hi Whitney!

A NeatDesk would tremendoulsy improve both mine and my husband's life; not to mention give us some much needed living space. I've become so overwhelmed with the amount of papers/receipts we have that I don't know what to do with them anymore. We've toted all of our docs and receipts around from place to place for over 12 years. I've switched to e-bills to help minimize the clutter and save some trees - but I don't know what to do with all of the remaining items. We've run out of space and I'm so tired of these big bulky containers taking up space in our living room. Now stacks of paper are invading our table, piano, and even our weight bench. Having a NeatDesk would allow us to scan them in and declutter our lives. It would also help us organize our finances and help us keep track of our expenses. It would also help me to help my husband organize all of his contacts - he has business cards from over 15+ years ago and in a rolladex, binders, and boxes. It would be a great time-saver as well. I can't tell you how much time we've spent looking for documents/receipts/business card.

It would help benefit the earth by allowing us to scan, shred, and recyle the paper we currently have. I would use some of the shredded paper as filling for some vegan gift baskets that I am planning on making for my friends and family. It would also allow us to save some trees by being able to scan and share information electronically instead of making copies for our home business, my day job, my schoolwork in the evenings, and family that's spread throughout the US and a couple of different countries (one is the Dominican Republic).

I am following you & Neatco on Twitter and RT your post. I also liked both of your pages on Facebook and gave NeatCo a shoutout. I also subscribe to your blog, but you can contact me via twitter @caroleena; I'm a US citizen (you mentioned it in your rules) :).

We have a PC because it was a gift and we haven't been able to afford a Mac yet, but it will be our next big purchase.

Best of luck to everyone!

Rylee said...

Love the video, especially the paper-covered puppy!
This is awesome! I would really love to tackle the clutter of the many little documents I have in my desk area! It would be SOOO nice to reduce the large volume of papers in my files! The software sounds fabulous; I'm so impressed with it's connection to mint.com
I'm so following you on both Twitter and Facebook now. Thanks to The RC for recommending your blog. :)
-Rylee
rylee.k at gmail dot com

Anonymous said...

I want one of these so bad! I have a MacBook so I will take the extra credit! LOL but really I have been wanting one so bad it looks so cool. I have receipts everywhere! I can be reached via email at ginadh@me.com. Hope I win!!

Unknown said...

This is a lovely bit of awesome! I am constantly overun by paper - everywhere. With 3 kids and all thier school info and artwork, bills, church projects, volunteer projects...this plethora of info seems to accumulate on my kitchen counter.

It can get overwhelming! Electronic documents are the way to go!! So much easier to sort, store and share.

Save the trees, save the trees!!

Am following on twitter and facebook too.

Unknown said...

I travel the world in search of the perfect mountain and wave but I leave paper trails in my wake! My company requires receipts but where do I keep them but in more paper bags thus killing trees.
A dollar here, a dollar there in orphaned receipts means no NeatDesk for me.
Save me Eco-Vegan Gal.
You are my last resort.
For my sanity and for Mother Earth.

Non-lyrically, I work for an eco-friendly company of surf rats and snow punks. But strangely enough, to submit expenses, we are required to TAPE our receipts onto more sheets of paper and then scan them into PDF. And we are a company of 20,000. Imagine every employee doing this. With NeatDesk, we can bypass a paper step, stop using paper bags to store all my receipts and teach better eco-solutions to my entire company.

PS. My last expense report took 32 extra pieces of paper.

And...I heart Steve Jobs.

yen.iris at gmail.

Jessie said...

Honestly, Neat Desk would help my mom out more than anything. She works at a company of just three other people, all the owners and she is the soul accountant/receptionist/etc and I think it will really help her to be organized! I did all of the stuff required, and my e-mail is combesja@gmail.com

I am, and always will be a Mac girl

FruitandVeg said...

I would love this product! my husband and I work from home and have loads of receipts! I am also a team manager for my kid's rugby and hockey teams so paperwork is everywhere in my office!
I have just recently become vegetarian and feel that with allowing my body to become clean with living foods, so too would I like my office to go through a cleansing! I am a firm believer in clean eating, clean living and clean house, clean earth!!!!

I am a PC user. Thank you!

donbodin said...

Let me start by saying my accountant is a lively and positive man.

While meeting with him last week he literally laughed out loud knowing that I make my living using a Macintosh to create music scores as well as retouching commercial photography and yet I still use bookkeeping methods developed in the early 1500's.

Yes I have excel and numbers on my computer. Yes I can even program a little in visual basic. So why the ancient bookkeeping methods?

I had over 2 grocery bags full of receipts to organize, categorize and tally and Neatdesk would save me 2 days of my life.

Time that I'd much rather spend trying out the vegan restaurants you suggest or spreading the word about how reusing shopping bags is such a simple way to help keep the earth healthy!

The best thing I see about Neatdesk is with all those receipts in electronic form, the paper goes on to be recycled!

Thanks for sharing your review about this product. I will RT it and share it with all my friends. Keep up the great work!

Don Bodin

Jeri said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jeri said...

Did I make it? I just saw the post today. Been busy the last few days and just joined your blog this week. Follow ecovegangal and neatco - check...like ecovegangal and the neat company on FB - check...RT ur tweet - check, PC users.

It would make both our lives easier during bill-time,to keep up with tax info for following year, scanning in our own creations for our blog and fb. It would just be total rockin' fun to use.

godsdreamsforme@gmail.com

Jeri - Oahu

Jeri said...

Did the shout out too. Yay! :D This is fun. It's like a scavenger hunt!

Brian E. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brian E. said...

Thanks for the giveaway…my office & desk are a whirlwind of all manner of papers: reports, receipts, correspondence, invoices, bank statements, etc. that are just screaming for organization, so a NeatDesk for Mac would go a long way toward getting this nightmare straightened out…i.e. DIGITIZED !!! The benefit for the Earth would be less paper & ink to the landfill.

senorpiero [at] yahoo [dot] com

Brian E. said...

Follow Eco-Vegan Gal and neatcompany on Twitter: @brianpiero

Tweeted: http://twitter.com/brianpiero/status/13056913941

senorpiero [at] yahoo [dot] com

Brian E. said...

Like the Eco-Vegan Gal and NeatCo pages on Facebook: "Bryan Eason"

senorpiero [at] yahoo [dot] com

Pam Sterling said...

LOVE this video and love this product. I've been suing NEAT receipts (FOR MAC - yes, I'm on the correct side of the isle :) for about 2.5 years. I use it not only for receipts, but also for scanning documents that I want to send or store. I use this instead of a fax. It is a great eco-friendly solution to all that paper in your life.

Ryan Phelps said...

NeatDesk is really helpful to prevent paper clutter. This would be very useful especially to those people who deals with a lot of paper works.

document shredding los angeles

Related Posts with Thumbnails''