Monday, December 14, 2009

Holiday giveaway: a set of To-Go Ware!

Winner: Josiane
This giveaway is the perfect holiday gift: a set of bamboo utensils from To-Go Ware!

To-Go Ware is one of my top favorite eco accessories. I carry my utensils everywhere, even switching them out whenever I change bags (you've probably seen me using them in my restaurant reviews). They come in handy all the time, such as when I'm eating out or having lunch at work. I get so many compliments on them too - people think they're so cool!

Most importantly, using To-Go Ware keeps so many pieces of single-use plastic cutlery out of landfils and oceans. Even though there are alternatives made out of corn, it is better to have products that you can use over and over. To-Go Ware makes it easy by including a carrying case, that is compact and easy to toss in a bag, purse, briefcase, backpack, etc.

Here's a video I did a few months ago on waste I found on Venice Beach - an example of why companies like To-Go Ware are so important!



One lucky winner will receive a RePEaT utensil set, which includes a fork, knife, spoon, chopsticks and RPET wrap. But you must give this away as a gift.

7 comments:

Vegan Wheekers said...

This would be perfect for my sister and nephew who often go out picnicking at the park and playground. I love that it's lightweight because when you go out with kids, you already have a lot of stuff to lug around!

To-Go Ware is making the world a better place by reducing the plastic cutlery that's filling our landfill and ending up in the guts of wildlife.

I've retweeted and followed. Twitter name is @veganwheekers.

Thanks for the giveaway!

ikkinlala said...

If Canadians may enter: I'd give this to my aunt, because I know she often takes leftovers to work for lunch.

ikkinlala AT yahoo DOT ca

Chandelle said...

This would be awesome to win thanks for the chance. Love your site.

Michele P. said...

I would love to give this to hubby, he often eats in the van on the way to work with the guys and complains that he doesn't have enough disposable knives,forks and spoons! Horrors! This would definitely be better for the environment and he could reuse them because they are sturdy and won't break.

tweeted http://twitter.com/micaela6955/status/6718344661

Josiane said...

I'd give this set to my brother: he's often on the road because he's involved in a lot of environmental stuff at a high level here, so not only would that be practical for him to have a set of those utensils, but that would set a good example for other people in the field to follow.

I already own a set of these myself, and have gifted one to my gentleman friend. We both love them. It's great never to have to look for disposable utensils when we eat out, and even greater not to have to throw stuff away. My gentleman friend even got into the habit of using the chopsticks that came with our sets to stir his coffee, so our To-Go Ware utensils are coming in handy even more often than we first thought they would!

To-Go Ware is making the world a better place in so many ways, be it by providing reusable alternatives to disposable stuff with their utensil sets and their tiffins (I've got some of those and love them too!), by recycling materials that would go to landfills for some of their wrappers, and by offering other wrappers that they obtain through fair trade.

I'm @kimianak on Twitter.

Unknown said...

These are also good for backpacking and camping - hope I win

@donbodin

Teresa said...

I'd like to gift this to-go-ware utensil kit to my Uncle John. He goes out to eat a lot with his co-workers. He always comments about how wasteful they are with napkins, utensils, condiment packages, etc, but that he makes an effort to take only what he needs. He said his co-workers have taken note, so I would only hope that if he had the bamboo utensils that maybe his co-workers would be interested in getting some too!

Although I as well would love the set, because I don't have any and refuse to use plastic or disposable!

@Tea_Marie (direct message me)

Related Posts with Thumbnails''