Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Eco transportation




Even though I love my cute VW Beetle convertible, I recently started feeling a little guilty because I drive a car. 


When I first met my friend Siel (aka Green LA Girl) she was talking about how she gave her car to a friend and now rides her bike everywhere (and takes taxis and the bus when necessary). I was so impressed that I ended up buying my own bike and now ride it when I can (meaning distance and time). I dream of one day riding it the 6 miles to work, but right now I take it to friend's places and to local stores. Check out Siel's post on eco-bike cleaner.

However, I have been riding the Big Blue Bus (Santa Monica) around town for a couple years. I take it every Sunday to my job at Third Street Promenade, and then rollerblade home. 

Also, I buy my gas exclusively from Conserv Fuel in Brentwood, because I support the small business and like that they offer alternative fuels (even though I can't use them)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails''