I had an incredible time at the Y.O.G.A. for Youth: Gala Fundraiser, which "I AM THE DREAM" campaign benefitted at-risk children throughout the United States. It was my first time visiting the Marrakesh House, and it was wonderful. The event had a great turnout and was attended by some amazing people; there was such a strong, loving energy there. The night was topped off with some delicious food, samples from various vendors, and several inspiring performances.
Most importantly, the gala was a fundraiser for Y.O.G.A. for Youth, which is a non-profit organization that brings yoga, meditation, breathing techniques, chanting, deep relaxation and stimulating discussions on the philosophy of yoga to urban youth.
Performances by:
- Galen and Gentry Gorg ~ breath-taking performance
- Aykanna ~ beautiful music
- Adoré ~ fun belly dancing
- Tom Freund ~ peaceful music
- Amore One & J Brave of the Luminaries ~ inspiring hip hop
My favorite vendors:
- Coconut Bliss ~ delicious, as always
- Bliss Bar ~ incredible vegan smoothies
- Yogi Tea ~ served many of their yummy organic teas
- Theo chocolate ~ fair-trade, organic chocolates (many are vegan)
People I chatted with:
- Tommy Rosen and Kia Miller (organizers)
- Chris Paine (host)
- Rachel Avalon
- Lauren Selman
- Kris Willey
- Christy Morgan
3 comments:
thank you for your wonderful video! do you by any chance have any pictures form the event or know who does? Tommy, Krishna, and everyone here at yoga for youth are gathering all media from our event to put on the yoga for youth website. thank you so much!
please email pictures to don@yogaforyouth.org
thanks!!
Hey Whitney, I am happy to see this news about “Yoga for Youth Festival”. I love to hear yoga chants at any time.
Post a Comment