Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Eco & Vegan in Hawaii (Maui)

My best friends from childhood and I are reuniting from around the country during a trip to Hawaii this March. None of us are married and we're all young, so we figure this is the time to do it!


While flying isn't eco-friendly, I am determined to make this trip as eco-vegan as possible. I would love your advice on where to go in Maui (I'll be in Lahaina).

Here's what I've discovered so far:

Besides eating, what else can I do that would be eco-friendly?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

A couple of ideas. This is a good sailing tour with an emphasis on local ecology and culture. http://www.mauisailingcanoe.com/

Also,not sure if this is vegan friendly, but this is a nice organic farm tour and lunch.
http://www.oofarm.com/tour.htm

Anonymous said...

how fun! you should definitely surf!

Anonymous said...

I don't have any really great advice as far as eco-friendly goes, but I just wanted to let you know that Lahaina is AMAZING!! That was where we honeymooned a few years ago and we had just the best time.
Oh, there is a zipline place just outside of town and I think they are pretty eco-friendly, and it was a tonof fun. Enjoy!

Lex said...

you'll be surprised at how many restaurants offer a tofu steak. (which is just a block of tofu served like a steak) in Maui. Its damn good, though.

Related Posts with Thumbnails''