Sunday, May 16, 2010

WorldFest 2010


I just returned from a wonderful day at WorldFest. It was similar to last year, but my personal experience was quite difference. Going there on a gluten-free and soy-free diet definitely restricted my food options, but I felt great the entire day and had some fabulous food.
  • Rawsheed had an awesome combo plate with his new pizza, a salad, and soup. He is opening a new cafe soon, which will be entirely gluten-free and oil-free!

  • Luscious Organic Desserts had a special gluten-free and soy-free peanut butter cupcake,
    which was delicious. I also "cheated" and tried their new peanut butter crisp bar, which had a little gluten and soy; and their new chocolate covered cookie dough, which had a good amount of gluten and soy. Besides experiencing a sugar high (haven't been eating much of that either), I felt fine after consuming them (slightly bloated), and it was well worth experiencing the new treats! I totally spaced on taking photos, so until the video is up, check out QuarryGirl's.
  • I didn't try any of C'est La V's treats this year, but I was happy to see that they have gluten-free mini double chocolate cookies.
Not to toot my own horn, but multiple people complimented me on how I looked, and I think it's from cutting out gluten and soy. I have trimmed down a little and have so much energy - I just feel great!

I brought Evie, my eco-vegan companion with me, and she had a blast. There were a ton of dogs there and even a gated section called BarkFest where you could let them off leash. Water bowls were scattered around the festival, and there were several shaded areas for people to take a moment out of the warm sun.

Speaking of sun, this year was cooler than last year and there was a soothing breeze. Though, I was very comfortable in my summer dress and I'm glad I put on a good helping of sunscreen!

This year I didn't do as much video footage because I still have some to edit from last year. However, I made a little montage - see below. I was happy to have more flexibility and enjoyed taking my time to walk around, check out the booths, and run into friends. Here are some things you'll see in it:
WorldFest is an amazing event because it brings together so many incredible people. Whether you're a vegan, a vegetarian, an environmentalist, or none of the above, you'll get something out of it. If you're new to the healthy and sustainable lifestyle you'll learn a great deal from the event, and even a seasoned eco-vegan will discover new gems of knowledge.

Did you attend WorldFest? If so, comment below and tell me what your favorite part was.



6 comments:

Unknown said...

I have a good friend who found out she had celiac disease and since cutting out all dairy and gluten, has like zero body fat. She does eat meat and is very physically active, but I wouldn't be at all surprised that there is a connection between body composition and gluten.

Anonymous said...

My favorite part of Worldfest was listening to Colleen Patrick-Goudreau's speech about the social aspects of being vegan in a non-vegan world. I really like her approach (and cookbooks). Also, since I was in the area, I stopped by Madeleine's Bistro for the first time and it was amazing!

Anonymous said...

It was great that the weather was cooler this year and made for a comfortable and fun day. My favorite part of the day was listening to the speakers, especially Rip Esselstyn and Colleen Patrick-Goudreau. They're both so positive and empowering.

The Blissful Chef said...

Nice to see you! TBC was missing from her booth, wish we could have gotten a photo with each other!

Unknown said...

I know Christy, I thought about that while I was editing. : (

Anonymous said...

Where can I get that great icecream here in LA? Orgasmic! And I love that fried shrimp! I loved all the food but I had too much to drink. My fault! Over ten beers! My wallet and head both hated me on Monday! And I’m only 20! Jumping in the bouncy is so fun drunk! You only live once! Too many uptight people here! It was a great party!

Related Posts with Thumbnails''