Thursday, December 10, 2009

NYC Vegan Restaurants

Every time I'm back East my sister and I go to NYC for a day. We love Red Bamboo, but this year I wonder if we should try something new. Of course I'll be reviewing wherever we go! (In fact, I have a video from Red Bamboo I need to edit...)


If you had to pick ONE place for lunch and ONE place for dinner (we're only there one day), what would you choose? And what would you order? Please let me know in a comment below.

So far people have recommended:
Maybe I'll just have to pick places based on what part of town I'm in, as opposed to the other way around...and since most of these places are in the East Village looks like I'll be going there!

4 comments:

Abby Bean said...

EVG: Skip dinner and enjoy some serious dessert at Lula's Sweet Apothecary. You'll thank me because you'll want to try one of everything; they are INCREDIBLE.

Anonymous said...

I am DYING to try Dirt Candy and Pure Food and Wine. also that ice cream place with all the vegan sundaes--can't remember the name

Anonymous said...

Wow. There are lots of them. Mostly in my neighborhood :-)

Quintessence is a decent raw spot on East 10th between 1st & Ave A.

LifeThyme on 6th Ave between 7th and 8th has a good by the pound bar.

Stogo is great for ice cream. That's on East 10th and 2nd Ave.

The Organic Grill is another good spot on 1st Ave between 7th and St Marks.

Pure Takeaway is good, but expensive and more of a novelty type spot.

Hit me up when you coming into town.

Cosmo said...

You have to go to candle cafe if you haven't been it is great for lunch. I went there 3 times the last time I was in NYC. Everything was fantastic.

Related Posts with Thumbnails''